When I taught preschool years ago, making my own playdough was something I did on a regular basis. The children loved playing with it and we probably went through a batch every other week. I'm not sure where the recipe I used came from; it hung faithfully on the school's kitchen wall ever since I could remember. The one thing that made this recipe different from the others I tried was the secret ingredient... Kool Aid packets!
Very few ingredients are needed to make playdough. They are inexpensive and easy to find in any grocery store or dollar store. To make playdough, you will need:
- one cup water
- one tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- one tablespoon cream of tartar
- one cup flour
- two Kool Aid packets for color
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar and Kool Aid.
- Heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir and knead dough until smooth.
- Store in a Ziploc bag.
(Next Article: Sammy Spider's First Rosh Hashanah)